Saturday, March 11, 2017

UADarthMaul #1 -It has begun!

We have boarded the plane!  This plane is unusual for Miles because it is the first that he's been on that has three columns of seats.  Additionally, he has never been on a plane that has served a proper meal.  It is an 8 hour flight and we arrive around 6:15 am, so I have to try to sleep as much as I can. 

When we arrive, we will be taking a rental car on an hour and fifteen minute drive east of Lisbon airport, to a small town named Evora.  Evora caught my eye, when looking at places near to Lisbon.  It appears to be a small, traditional town with a few interesting sites in and around it.  We will likely sleep ince we arrive though, before exploring!

Two additional thoughts came to mind about this trip.  On one of our stops, we will be staying in a bed and breakfast.  I havd never stayed in one before, but the idea has always interested me.  If I end up liking the small, cozy, social environment that they are supposed to have, I will incorporate more of them into future trips like to Germany.  Second, we will be seeing many castles this trip.  Some will be castle ruins, one we will be staying in, as it has been converted to a hotel, and then we will be staying in a moorish palace and fortress.  I believe my interest in castles goes back to when I was a teen and played the computer game Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within.  The game was made with real life pictures taken in Germany and in its castles.  I instantly decided that I wanted to see some!  Since the US isn't exactly bursting with castles, this will be my first time actually seeing one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment