Saturday, July 21, 2018

Liechtenstein 2: The Historical Eschnerberg Trail

I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat, so after breakfast I napped for a little bit so that my body would have extra rest.  We ended up leaving around 12:30 for the Historical Eschnerberg Trail.  Luckily, the trail begins less than a fifteen minute walk from our bed and breakfast.

Before I begin with that, I wanted to note a few things.  Our room's bathroom door is glass and completely see through.  I end up going to the communal and always empty bathroom downstairs more often than not.  On the Furstensteig hike yesterday, we didn't see a single person. 

Now that that is over with, when we began I had thought I had read that the hike was three hours long.  It turns out that it is four and a half.  It took us a little over five, with picture taking and a bathroom break. 

The hike has signs pointing the way, but many times it was still unclear which path they meant you to take. 



There were also many information signs, with historical information, but it was all in German. The hike started on a semi busy(for Liechtenstein) street.  I noticed a billboard that advised using seat belts that was fairly convincing in my eyes.



We found many benches along the path, but two stood out to me as rather creepy.



We also came across two men talking with umbrellas that we found interesting for some reason.



The path took us up streets lined with houses, dirt paths, into and out of a forest many times, along grassy fields, and through two unremarkable castle ruins.  There were some wide spaces that let me test my new lens. 



Tomorrow we move next door into Switzerland, to stay on a mountain top for two nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment