Monday, July 16, 2018

Austria 1: Arriving in Hallstatt with rain

It took about 4 hours to reach Hallstatt, Austria.  Our hotel is right in town, which is great.  This has become a huge tourist town, and so the best time to go out is early in the morning, or even better, at night.  We went out to walk around at 6:00.  Not long after we left, it began to rain, so we returned to the room.  I went out again at around 8:30, for the non existing sunset, and the light was slightly better!  This is what I saw:

I definitely would have gotten us a pair of these hats if I liked the feel of the inside of them better.
This sign reminded us of the signs we saw all over Cinque Terre.  It seems strange to me though that thieves would make themselves so conspicuous enough as to wear bright red.  
The Hallstatt Schmuck must live here.  That, or someone is just making fun of the tourists.


Of the next two, I prefer the first one and Stephanie prefers the second one.


No comments:

Post a Comment