Monday, July 29, 2019

Japan 4.3: A day of insects in Kushiro

In the last post I had completely forgotten about my last night in Furano.  That night I went into the town proper of Furano, to Ningle Terrace.  This is a set of christmas looking shacks that are each shops for local handicrafts.  I was in paradise.  The place was beautiful and I loved the shops.



The first full day in Tsurui had a forecast of rain, so I stayed in until about 1:00.   Afterwards, I drove thirty seconds to the Tsurui Tancho Crane Sanctuary.  This was the reason I chose my hotel.  Well, Google lied.  It is not currently open.  It is only open from October until March.  The field was empty and the place was boarded up.  This was quite upsetting.  I decided to go back to the wetlands.  I ended up walking for about four hours.  I even took the extended trail that leads to the other side of the marsh, though ended up turning back because there wasn't much to see there.  I only found a single bird to take pictures of.  It was singing. I spent the rest of the time trying to spot out different insects.

At night there was a family of three staying at the hotel, so dinner was a lot of fun.  They had a boy around the age of thirteen.  They knew just a tiny bit of English but we used a translator app to bridge the gap.  They were super animated, and the music that was playing in the background was kinda bouncy and weird, which made me feel like I was inside an anime.

I decided to pester the bear cruise company to ask the other tour companies if they could accommodate me on one of the other days that I will be there.  They finally got back to me and were able to find one!  Hopefully this one will work out.

Here is what I saw in the marsh:

1 comment:

  1. The digital cigarette makes use of a battery and a small heating element the vaporize the e-liquid. This vapor can then be inhaled and exhaled their explanation

    ReplyDelete