Sunday, November 18, 2018

Montreal 4: Quebec City 2: The Night Before, Christmas town, and dinner at the oldest house in Quebec

Last night I went out to walk around town.  I ventured past the castle hotel and descended into the lower town, which was decorated for Christmas.

The street with my hotel.


I went to the restaurant for breakfast and had an incredible chicken and mushroom crepe with hollandaise sauce.  Unfortunately, tomorrow I will be gone before they open.  I saw so much of the town yesterday that there really wasn't much for me to do today.  I walked around town a bit and into the woodworker shop that had the cats and the bearded man wooden pieces.

For dinner, I decided to go to Aux Anciens Canadiens, a restaurant made out of the oldest house in Quebec, built in 1676.

This picture was obviously taken earlier in the day.
It was a three course meal.  I chose French Onion soup that was absolutely spectacular.  For the entree, I chose ratatouille because of the movie, which was decent.  For dessert I chose the maple bread pudding, which was extraordinary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment