Friday, December 28, 2018

Xmas 1: The end of Montreal and Sacramento for Christmas

On my last day, I took the train back to Montreal and took a photography tour with a local photographer for a few hours.  He picked me up at my hotel and we walked around while he gave me photography tips.  He gave suggestions on composition as well as ideas about how to best manage shutter speed vs ISO and aperture.  He was a great guy and we had a great time talking photography and even talked a little bit about Canadian and American politics.

The tour finished with a trip to the Biosphere, which remained from the 1967 World Expo.



For Christmas, we visited Stephanie's family who live a little bit outside of Sacramento.  It was nice to see some colorful Fall leaves.



After Christmas festivities were over, we took a short trip out to Sly Park, around Jenkinson lake, where we hiked for a bit.  The area was filled with beautiful trees.



Stephanie was able to spot the hard to find water peacock.

A rare water peacock up close.


After the park, I took some pictures of the Alpacas that are owned by Stephanie's parents' neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment