Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Taiwan 6: Andrew part 2 and the end of Taiwan

The next day, we woke up and did the laundry.  In the early afternoon, we met up with Andrew at the local University's gym building and I played ping pong with Andrew for about two hours.  It was fantastic.  He had gotten a lot better than when we were kids!

Afterwards, we all went to the National Palace Museum, which contains about 700,000 ancient Chinese artifacts and artwork.  Stephanie was cold.


We got to see some beautiful pieces of jade artwork.


We spent some time talking and browsing the museum.  We only were able to show a part of it.  Andrew was disappointed because an area which contained pieces that he wanted to show us was closed off.  Some examples of what we saw includes tablets of writing, long scrolls with drawings that contained a story of a day from start to finish, ancient books, and all sorts of ceramics.


We were brought to another restaurant where we sampled even more dishes of Andrew's choice, including edible bamboo and fried fish sticks.  I am still adjusting to eating fish.  I have to avoid thinking about what I am eating while doing it!  I continue to slowly improve with my chopstick skills.

While walking out, we caught a sight of Taipei 101.  Andrew had previously asked us if we wanted to visit the top.  I said thanks, but no thanks!


Andrew wanted to play Magic: The Gathering with me, since I had introduced him to it back when were around 11 or 12.  He stopped and picked up some random packs of cards and we all headed back to our hotel room.  We both took half of the cards and hastily created our decks.  I got thoroughly trounced.  I vowed that next time I would have the time to think a bit more carefully and suck less!

We said goodbye to Andrew, which was difficult for me.  I am not good with goodbyes.

On a completely different note, I wanted to point out that I saw special breastfeeding rooms all over Taiwan.  This is something I am not accustomed to seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment