Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Japan 6.11: Creative Meditation Photography- flowers, insects, and flying insects

 This post is a simply a collection of my favorite pictures taken during the creative meditation part of my day throughout the retreat.  

Mostly plants-


  The area was positively full of insects, both indoors and out-


  Toward the top of the property was a stone border, where I discovered an unfortunately dead caterpillar.  I wasn't positive that it was dead until after I had taken pictures and attempted to move it.  

  Off to the side was a small stone bordered pool.  It was filled with tadpoles, insects, and the skins of insects.  On the final day I asked the woman what it was for.  In older times, this body of water was available to put out any fires.


  These next three were my favorite pictures taken-


  The remaining pictures-


  The woman that ran the retreat made it very clear that she wanted me to send her the pictures that I had taken, indicating that people often say that they will send them and then never do.  I prepared them and sent them to her the day after I left.  While she expressed dislike of insects, she enjoyed the rest of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment